Jim Ottaviani: Chief Research Scientist (aka Writer)
- …spent his Freudian formative years just south of San Francisco in the 1960s;
- …caddied on the professional golf tour;
- …has operated a couple of nuclear reactors;
- …chauffeured (then-) Senator Al Gore on one of his early spins on the Information Superhighway;
- …earned a couple master’s degrees that occasionally prove useful;
- …was refused beer (and got arrested) in DeKalb, IL and in Qingdao, China (no incarceration there, thank goodness);
- …pulled an all-nighter climbing Mt. Fuji, played frisbee on the Great Wall, forged steel in Eatonville, and saw quetzals in Costa Rica;
- …works full time as a librarian;
- …competed against Olympic short track speed-skaters in Lake Placid, and got whipped;
- …has been a vegetarian since 1983, and;
- …stays up very late writing award-winning (and award-nominated but not-always-winning) comics about scientists.
You can reach him via the contact form. If you’d like a more structured biography, you can contact me, but last we checked the one in Wikipedia , while not updated in a while, covers the basics.